Small changes make
the biggest difference!
Select one or more of the simple suggestions below to help out our environment.
AROUND THE HOUSE
- Use curtains and blinds to keep your house cool in summer and warm in winter
- Select energy-efficient appliances and lighting for your home
- Turn off water when brushing your teeth, take shorter showers, and turn off unused lights.
- Donate unwanted clothing and household goods to promote re-use.
- Buy and prepare locally-sourced foods and sustainable seafood.
IN THE YARD
- Choose native plants for your yard and remove invasive foliage.
- Install bird and bat houses.
- Limit your use of chemicals and pesticides.
OUT AND ABOUT
- Use a reusable beverage cup for style and sustainability!
- Steer clear of single-use plastic, including plastic cutlery and bags.
- Don’t litter, and pick up trash wherever you see it.
- Quit smoking! You’ll save your health and save the earth from toxic butts.
- Recycle fishing line to protect wildlife.
HEY KIDS… YOU CAN SAVE THE WORLD!
There are a TON of ways kids can help with conservation! Here are just a few:
- Help a turtle cross a road!
- Build a bat house or bird house!
- Just take a hike and explore!